16 September 2008

Indeed the bigotry knows no bounds

What follows below is from an email I received today. By no means to I subscribe to anything in this; I just wanted to share it. I thought I would share what is being said, about a political candidate... one I happen to support, but that's not even relevant to how disgusted I was by what was said. And this wasn't said by some right-wing nut-job. This was forwarded to me by someone I thought of as a nice person, a caring person, a reasonable and rational person.

I'm deeply offended by what I read, but more importantly, I think this typifies an issue I see in the whole campaign this year. It seems the right can post crap like this, and it's everywhere. The left, unfortunately, is preaching to the converted. I write this blog, and already know that 90% of my readers already agree with me. I try to speak out on my Facebook page, and the right again knocks me for forcing my beliefs on them.

But they can send me this...
A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they
imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.
Pause a moment, reflect back. These events are actual events from history.. They
really happened!!! Do you remember?



1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male extremist.


2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and
massacred by Muslim male extremists.



3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim male
extremists.



4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by
Muslim male extremists.



5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim
male extremists.



6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old
American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim
male extremists.



7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver
trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim male extremists.



8. In 1988 , Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim male extremists.


9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim
male extremists.



10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by
Muslim male extremists.



11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles
to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into
the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.
Thousands of people were killed by Muslim male extremists.



12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against
Muslim male extremists.



13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by-- you
guessed it-- Muslim male extremists.



No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So,
to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on
killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile
certain people... Absolutely No Profiling! They must conduct random searches of
80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification,
secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old
Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe
Foss, but leave Muslim Males alone lest they be guilty of profiling.



According to The Book of Revelations: The Anti-Christ will be a man, in
his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive
language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people
will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is
in power, he will destroy everything.



And Now: For the award winning Act of Stupidity Of all times the People
of America want to elect, to the most Powerful position on the face of the
Planet -- The Presidency of the United states of America .. A Male of Muslim
descent who is the most extremely liberal Senator in Congress (in other words an
extremist) and in his 40s.



Have the American People completely lost their Minds, or just their
Power of Reason ??? I'm sorry but I refuse to take a chance on the 'unknown'
candidate Obama... Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the
Gloria Aldreds and other stupid attorneys along with Federal Justices that want
to thwart common sense, feel ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such
sense. As the writer of the award winning story 'Forrest Gump' so aptly put it,
'Stupid Is As Stupid Does'.



I'm disgusted; how about you? And if you are, don't just tell me, forward the link. Infact, forward the link to every McCain supporter you know; every Independant you know; every undecided person you know. Forward the link to people who would agree, but only if they're going to send it on to everyone else they know who isn't already supporting Obama. We all know what's being said, and we're outraged, but the right isn't watching CNN or Bill Maher, they don't read the Huffington Post or my blog, they don't listen to NPR, and they're inbox isn't flooded with 100s of messages from my.BarackObama.com...

but perhaps they should be.

7 comments:

Michelle-Anè "Molly" Muro said...

Disgusting.

Anonymous said...

Dude, there's not arguing with folks who believe the Devil incarnate will actually run for president in the United States of America. We're not talking about an allegorical reference to the Devil, who ever sent that admitted to believing that the Devil himself is involved.
So in that spirit, I'm going to vote for the Devil, but only if his running mate is a unicorn, or maybe a Pegasus. Now that I think about it, I'm about as likely to see that ticket as I am to see Ron Paul on the Republican ticket.
Here's to hoping.

Ian Scott Shackleton said...

I think I'm the most shocked that I actually know people who believe that the Devil incarnate is running. It's scary.

But I'd totally vote Ron Paul - Unicorn 2012.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm interested in knowning if that person can back up that email with the actual lines from the BOOK OF REVELATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
queue thunder and lightning and a little eerie music.

Unknown said...

bravo brother

Anonymous said...

Never mind Islam didn't exist yet.... and no one usually anticipates a new religion forming a few hundred years in the future...


p.s. I found this
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/antichrist.asp

Ian Scott Shackleton said...

Thank you snopes. And thank you Kelsey for finding that piece. Alas, it doesn't make the bigotry of those who word forward such emails any less intollerable.