28 October 2005

Disimpoundment

Archived MySpace blog
Current mood: relieved
Category: Automotive


I'm not even certain if "disimpoundment" is a word... but it is now.

Nonetheless, I have acquired my car.

Thursday night I walk out of work, head up the street, ready to hop in my car, call another day on the books. 'Hmm... I'm pretty sure this is where I parked.' Walk up a little farther.

Now, yes, the State pays for my parking, and yes, I'm a moron to park on the street instead of in the garage. But if I'm running late, its easier to park on the street, right by the coffee shop, and start my day from there.

'Fuck. They got me.' I have a few outstanding parking tickets. I'm running late a lot.

"Communications. Lt. _______ speaking."

"Hi, Denise. Its Ian from Court."

"Oh, hi, Ian. How are you?"

"Not too bad. Can you tell me where my car is?"

"It got towed? Tickets or taxes.?"

Yeah, so... within a half-hour I had all the details. Bottom line, $895. *gasp* Yeah, Denise even said, "have you ever paid a parking ticket in your life?" Well... yes, but usually I give them to my... we'll say "hookup". Apparently, my hook-up hasn't been hooking me up.

So, this morning, I talk to my hook-up. $300. $300 is better than $895, right? OK. $300 to New Haven Parking Authority (yeah, I'm not redacting their names; they're a bunch of feckin' pirates!) and $48 to the nice people at Columbus Towing (they were nice).

1:40 p.m., I have my car back. Needless to say, I'll be parking in the garage.

What the heck is gonna happen next?!?

No comments: