04 February 2005

Pizza City, USA

Archived MySpace blog
Current mood: full


*Disclaimer: for the purposes of this blog, "pizza" actually means pizza*

So for lunch today I'm having pizza. Bacon and Mozz from Amato's. Garlic bread with Mozz. Foxon Park Kola. And I'm thinking, if I ever left this area, I'd really miss the Pizza.

Say what you will about pizza from your hometown, but for me, New Haven pizza is the best. New York style, big and floppy, is a decent 2nd place, but nothing beats New Haven.

Its a great place to be if you love pizza. Pepe's, Sally's, Modern, Bar, Abate's, Amato's, Tolli's, the list goes on and on.

I've lived in Boston, and I've lived in Montreal, and one of the things I really missed was pizza. I'd miss it so much I'd order pizza there, and not surprisingly, I'd be utterly disgusted.

So, now is the group participation part. Drop a comment, and answer next few questions about pizza (yes, about actual pizza, Firecracker). And since most of the people who read my blog are from, or live, down here in Southern CT, I'm gonna keep some of it regional. Oh, and remove my answers. I want to hear yours, not just mine again. Here goes:

1.) Best pizza topping(s): Bacon and Onion (sometimes known as the Irish Pie)

2.) Define "plain": Sauce, no cheese, sometimes a bit of oregano or basil

3.) Most ridiculous pizza topping: Probably the Everything + Smoked Meat + Meat Sauce from the place down the street from my grandfather in Montreal. One slice made me full for days.

4.) Worst Pizza you've ever had: Possibly T-Anthony's in Boston. Yet we still went there all the time

5.) Best city to get pizza: New Haven, CT

6.) Best Pizzaria: Modern Apizza, State Street, New Haven

7.) Best Delivery that serves your home: Pizza di Roma, West Haven

8.) Pepe's or Sally's: Pepe's

9.) If not Pepe's or Sally's, best place to get "New Haven Pizza": Modern, or Bar

10.) Donal Logue's unfinished thoughts about pizza: (for those of you who watch I love the 90's)

Currently listening :
Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
By My Chemical Romance
Release date: 08 June, 2004

No comments: