02 February 2005

And I'd hoped this would be the good year

Archived MySpace blog
Current mood: disillusioned


Reading Pete’s blogs, and his references to the Lizard Boss – God, I haven’t heard that in years since I listened to the WigMaster religiously – reminded my of my own waddling superior. But, if I get into that here, I’ll be writing for days.

So, this year has opened up in an interesting form. A watermain break on the Saturday of the blizzard has rendered 2/3 of our office space non-usable. 8 employees are dislocated, phones and computers destroyed, and we no longer have a bathroom.

So today I decide actually I need to use the bathroom, so I go to the public men's room. Big mistake. Not only because of its publicness – those of you who know where I would know that I generally deal with only the scummy underbelly of human life – but because when I went in, I discovered that "the office" was already being used for a random urinalysis. Bloody lovely. I so fucking less than 3 my job!

Its just been like this all year, and its only February. Every stupid thing that can go wrong just does. 2 of my favourite co-workers – the kind of people who actually make the place bearable – are leaving, and I found out I'm dreadfully under-qualified for any of the jobs I thought of as my ticket out.

So, I don't know. I'm grumbley, I'm aware of that. My current pattern is work 5 days, commiserate with my other disheartened friends about 4 days, talk to my friends in Europe about once a week, and once a week go out and commit random acts of drunken self-destruction. I've gotten to the point that if I can drag my ass to work on Thursday I feel like I've accomplished something that week.

I'm pathetic.

I need a change, but I'm not sure what it is. I looked into going back to school today, that turned into a roadblock. I don't exactly have $16,000 in disposable income these days. New Dimensions is a crock. Its great if you're independently wealthy and want a degree in Business Management only. If I was that wealthy, I'm sure I could "buy" a BSBM from just about any school I wanted. I'm about this close to inventing a degree for myself. Nobody checks anyway. At 28 years old I could easily have a bachelors by now. I could have a doctorate by now, but I needed to get a job some time ago.

OK, I'm running away on a bizarre tangent. What was I saying? I don't know. Don't mind me. Maybe I just need to grab a slice of pizza?

No comments: