22 December 2004

Holiday Spirit

Archived MySpace blog
Current mood: aggravated


Losing my grip on the true spirit of the holidays. Not the joyous celebration of the birth of our saviour Jesus Christ; not that religious. No, just the spirit of giving. I'm not saying I'm just in it for the gifts. Just that the spirit of giving is being overtaken by the spirit of busting someone's lip open with the bag of 3 gifts I fought 6 hours to find.

I'm not much of a shopper. This year I got a nice early jump on it. Got about half my shopping done within days of Thanksgiving. Thought I was doing well. Put off the other half way too long.

Went out tonight to get what should have been 5 easy things. Things I didn't even have to brave a mall to get. No dice. Went to the mall in spite of myself. Not only did I not find a single thing at the mall, but I was assaulted (olfactorily) by both the "Perfume Hut" and a sock stand.

See I have fairly bad allergies, and most perfumes make me sneeze uncontrollably. I miss navigated the mall, and coming within 50 feet of the dread smell of 178 different perfumes mixed together had me sneezing for the next 450 feet of mall. The sock stand, however, was but an unexpected bonus. Little did I know, that since the "sock stand" is right next to the "meat log stand", the "sock stand lady" sprays her wares with the cheapest perfume known to man to keep them from carrying the enchanting odor of meat log.

I happened upon her kiosk of hosiery exactly at the moment she felt to refresh their non-meaty fragrance. Not only was the spray dizzying in its malodorousness, but I accidentally intercepted the cloud that lingered, carrying this allergy nightmare with me for the rest of my mall endeavour.

So, there I was, empty-handed, sneezing uncontrollably, unable to escape the allergy nightmare that had attached itself to me, realizing that I would probably be doing the same dreaded thing tomorrow night.

Gosh I love the holidays.

Currently listening :
Emotive
By A Perfect Circle
Release date: 02 November, 2004

No comments: