12 January 2005

People confuse me

I have to wonder why people ask certain things when they don't want an answer. Sometimes I wonder why people speak at all.

We recently relocated at work. Those who weren't effected believe it's the greatest thing for us. Those of us who moved think it's horrible. And we're not even complaining because we liked our old space, or because the desks are smaller. There are legitimate issues of efficiency in the new location.

So every day, twice to thrice a day, someone asks me, "So how do you like the new space? It's nice, right?" But the problem is, they don't want an answer. And, I seem to be pissing people off with my candor because I don't think they want the answer I have to give.

I have decided for my own sanity, to stop placating people. I've noticed a lot of people have. 2005 seems to be a year of brutal honesty. So, since I don't want to lie, and say "Oh yeah, it's great", what do I do?

How do you answer the question that really is "So how do you like the new space? It's nice, right? I've been convinced of that, so don't disagree with me."?

I don't know how to deal with this, but if I have to one more time, I think I'm gonna lose my shit.

No comments: